www.mowatwilson.org Forum Index www.mowatwilson.org
Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just want to say hello and introduce ourselves to this site!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.mowatwilson.org Forum Index -> MWS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
austin_swan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Just want to say hello and introduce ourselves to this site! Reply with quote

Hello,
My name is Gina and my sons name is Austin. Austin is 2yrs old was diagnosed with MWS on August 28, 2006. I'm just interested in talking with families that want to exchang stories about our childern. I'm new to this and I know it could be worse, I do accept it and I love my son so much, but I still break down and that's why I would love to talk with other people that are going through same thing. I'am so gald this site is here, but how come nobody has said anything in a long time?

Hope to here from someone soon!!
deli79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Newly Diagnosed Reply with quote

Hi there Gina.
I am new to this site but saw your message and thought I would reply to you. My daughter Amelia is also 2 years old and has just been diagnosed with MWS on 23rd August 2006.
I am still coming to terms with it all at the moment and could also do with some support and chats from other families in this situation.
Amelia is very happy and sociable most of the time, I just wish I could do more for her as she is so far behind and still seems like a baby.
Anyway if you would like to chat some more, you know where I am.
Hope to hear from you again.
Adele
nanamom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Hello Gina Reply with quote

Hello Gina
I know how you feel. My son Nason who will be 10 in April was just diagnosed with MWS on Sept. 28, 2006. It is so hard for people who don't have to go thru this to understand. I am having to explain it over and over again to people. I am so glad you found this site and I hope it helps. If there is ever a time when you need to talk. Feel free to email me. My email address is nanasissymom@yahoo.com.

Melissa
Carter's mom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gina,

I am now in your shoes as my son was just diagnosed today. The forum does seem a little slow, but then again there are so few cases of MW.

How is Austin doing now?

I'm Sara, mom to Carter. I look forward to talking to you and other MW parents.
Daisymum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ladies....
I have an almost 2 month old with MW. Nicholaas was dx'd within a few days of birth.
I was also wondering why there is so little activity here, I have started a Facebook group, "Life with Mowat-Wilson Syndrome", if you would like to join, it would be great to have you. There are really not alot of families out there,
Nicholaas' sibs are totally on love with him for sure and we are so pleased at how well he is doing, but I still kind of wonder what he will be like as he goes into his teen years and all.
keep in touch....
Anna
MW Parents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
I donít know if everyone is aware that there is an Email Support Group for MWS. There about 50 members on it from around the world. Once people find out about it, and join the list, they tend to abandon this public forum in favor of the private and much more interactive Email Support Group. For more information about the group just email us using any of the links on the website or send an email to the moderator of this forum.
Dave
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.mowatwilson.org Forum Index -> MWS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: