www.mowatwilson.org Forum Index www.mowatwilson.org
Mowat-Wilson Syndrome Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*Hirschsprung's complications

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.mowatwilson.org Forum Index -> MWS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwilson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: *Hirschsprung's complications Reply with quote

Our daughter, Lauren (2 1/2 yrs), will soon be tested for MWS. Lauren does not have a serious heart condition, just a murmur that we were told she'd outgrow. However, she has been diagnosed with HRSC, epilepsy, and dev delay. I'm wondering if the HRSC has been a major issue for any other children, more so than the other afflictions. Lauren struggles so much, even after her ostomy and pull through surgeries. Now her gastro and surgeon have decided to go back to the colostomy and are scheduling her once again for surgery. It seems like once we get one area under control (like the seizures) then another area goes completely out of control...
karen_key@bellsouth.net

Last edited by mwilson on Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mwilson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hirschsprung's complications Reply with quote

Hi Karen Just to let you know that Sam did have ongoing bowel problems after his pull through surgery;many complete and partial obstructions,weight loss and severe constipation etc We decided after much debate to go back to a permanent colostomy for him and I must say it is one of the best decisions made for Sam's comfort and health.We also find it much better for social things because constant soiling or pain from constipation was alot harder to deal with than a bag for all of us.I know it can be a hard decision to make especially as she is so young but if the Dr's think it is best it sounds like the right choice.I know all kids don't have continued problems after corrective surgery but quite a few do. Best Wishes Sarah Sam 12 MWS
cfitzsimons@bigpond.com.au
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.mowatwilson.org Forum Index -> MWS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: